Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Pinterest Projects

A few weeks ago I did a few quick little projects ( thanks to pinterest for the ideas, I love it when I acutally do/use what I pin, makes all the time I spend on there not feel worthless)


The first task was detangling the mess that had become of my necklaces. 
I wish I had a before picture of them, it was awful! Awhile ago I bought this jewelry holder thinking it would amazing but everything overlapped and the necklaces were always getting wound and twisted around each other.  It always took me forever to get one out and untangled so half the time I just decided not to wear one.  Well when I saw this idea I had the perfect space.  We have a towel rack over a large bathtub in our master that never gets used.  We don't need the tub and we really don't need the towel bar ( it was just holding a large decorative one that collects dust) so I decided to take it over for my necklaces.  This was simple I just bought 2 packages of shower hooks ( I tried to find something cheaper but couldn't find anything shaped the right way) on sale at Kohls with a 30% coupon and Kohls cash.  The project basically costs me $0.00 and I'm in love.   ( You have to ignore the ugly gold towel bar, right now it's what we have, we haven't got to painting/ switching anything out in the bathrooms yet, hopefully soon though!)

Now it's not the prettiest idea, but hey sometimes in areas that aren't seen all the time, I'm all about function over looks!



 I love wreaths and Etsy has so many cute ideas for wreaths.  Now I wouldn't pay the hefty price tag for them when some of them I could easily make on my own.  I purchased the large grapevine wreath at Hobby Lobby for $5.99 and the white numbers at Walmart for less than $5 and already had the red flowers.  The only thing else I needed was a glue gun.  I did purchase white flowers to put on it but decided I would do red first for Valentine's Day since I had some extra around the house we aren't using.  It didn't really turn out very festive looking so I will probably be switching the flowers out soon but I still love the idea and it was so easy and inexspensive to make.  I have lots more wreath ideas, I just need a season change or some more excuses of why I need to make more.  I have a hydrangea one pinned on my pinterest so that one is next and hopefully I will get to that next week after a trip to Hobby Lobby!
Anyone else have any pinterest projects they are working on? 

I'm getting closer to finishing my command center, and getting ready to do some cabinet and freezer organization, so those posts will be coming soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i really like the wreath! and i saw the necklaces in your bathroom and i think they look pretty. i have a few projects pinned to do for the kids but so far no time yet. *sigh* someday....

Post a Comment