Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Still in progress

We finally began working on redoing, or in other words just doing something to our bedroom a few weeks ago.  It's not completed but thought I would give a little peek at what we have been working on.

Here was our room before, white, plain and filled with baby stuff! Yes, nothing special to look at here. I had never put anything on the walls because I knew we were going to paint someday so blank slate it stayed. 

We have now painted the walls. The main wall our bed is on,  is a really deep purple and the other walls are a pretty dark tan, almost brown.  I love, love, love how the paint colors turned out! 

Then after we painted, Matthew began working on making us a headboard. ( we haven't ever had one, the room has always been pretty mismatched) I searched pinterest and the internet and found some headboards I liked and showed the hubs, he then kind of took everything I liked and made his own creation.  I really want a sleigh bed someday(when we buy a whole matching set, I realized this wasn't something we could actually make)  but told him a fabric headboard would be fine since it would match our bedding/ dressers after we paint them.  Well he gave me both, he tried to make it have a sleigh bed feel but also put the fabric panel in the middle.  I love it, he did a great job!  The picture just doesn't do it justice.  The top  and side rails on the headboard are not just flat they have curves and angles.  You can also get a peek of the purple wall in these pictures. 

We have put a few things on the wall, I did a big frame, some uppercase living, and a flower pinterest project that I love but we still need to paint the dressers and decide on a few other decorating things before you can see the whole room! 

1 comment:

Jared and Randi said...

wow! I can't wait to see the bed! You are so blessed to have such a handy man! He did a great job!

Post a Comment