Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Playroom Updates

When we moved into our house at the end of May, we decided to make one of the rooms on the main floor a playroom.  The room is in a weird spot right at the entry and has double doors, so it really is perfect for a playroom  and it's right off all the main living area spaces so I can always see/hear Noah playing. 

Here is the before picture


 Yes, pretty blah....  I didn't know what to do with all the toys so we basically lined the room with them.  The sad thing is most of the toys that were originally in there are now in the basement.  After birthdays and Christmas we have had to move a lot to the basement and have created another mess down there. 
 Here is the after, still not amazing, but painted, decorated and my attempt at organizing toys.  Pinterest gave me some wonderful ideas for a playroom but in my realistic world, I couldn't spend tons of money on built ins, benches, and shelving, or even lots of cute little bins like I would of liked.  Instead we did buy some cheaper things to help organize the toys, moved the futon from the basement up to give us adults some seating and got a play table for the boys! 
 One pinterest project I did, you can't hardly see the details but the background of the frames is scrapbook paper, then I hot glued closepins to the paper to hold the pictures.  You have to leave the glass off this way and then it's a super easy way to be able to change out your pictures whenever you wish.  Plus I love scrapbook paper, so I loved getting the chance to use some. 
 On another wall, we did an map wall decal and I painted mini chip board letters for the word learn.  I wasn't sure how well these would paint but they did really well!  Cheap and Easy!
For this side of the room we got the bright colored bin organizer, not as cute as cubes with cute pull out bins, but way more practical.  Now the kids can easily get to all the toys and see what is where.  Then we got the book display so we can keep some books in the playroom and the rest in the boys room. 

Here is the other side of the room, we had gotten some cubes and some bigger stackable bins to put the majority of the boys bigger toys.  I also found the magnetic white board at Ikea that is under the window.  Noah loved, loved it at first.  It's kind of worn off lately but he still plays with it.   
 Large chip board betters, that I painted just like the other ones by the map.  These took up a large amount of space on the wall and only cost $10. 
 Thanks again to pinterest for the playroom rules sign.  I found it on there, and then bought the file on Etsy.  I wish it was bigger but it works! 

And that's our playroom.  One more space down but still a lot to go.  We are working on our bedroom now, so am excited to post pictures of that when we get it finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment