Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my new Blog! 

Here is the how and why this blog began


Changing Dreams

If you would have asked me in high school/ or college what I wanted to do I would tell you the following

-Graduate HS and then College with a degree in fashion

-Move to the city and begin my Career using my degree. Career, Career, Career is all I used to think and dream about

-Wear fancy clothes and high heels every day to work

-Be Successful

-Get Married

-Have kids after 30

Well here is my life today......

-Graduated High School, Graduated College with a degree in Fashion

-Moved away from the city of Chicago and our small downtown city apartment to a small town named Effingham, IL and live in a beautiful home in the country surrounded by a few houses and mostly fields.

-Work with my husband at his optometry practice as a part-time office manager, who wears mom dress pants, plain uniform tops, and black flats and doesn't use my degree

-Is Married and has been for over 5 years to my amazing husband, who is a strong leader, hard worker and wonderful father!

-Has two adorable little boys and am only 27 years old

Am I successful??? ..... You Bet......

What happened to my dreams??? They Changed!

On our blog, there is a quote,
" Sometimes on the way to the dream, you get lost and find a better one"

I think that is my life in a nutshell! I have learned so much in the last few years about life and myself and wouldn't trade my life now for any dreams I used to have! All the blessings I have in my life now, I couldn't possibly have dreamed up!

My goals and dreams now....

- Be the best mom/wife I can be

-Get Dinner on the table each night

-Have a neat, clean and organized home

(Some days those last two really do seem like a dream, living with 3 boys; 1 grown, 1 toddler and 1 baby, it feels nearly impossible. )

-Someday have my own small town store, (haven't completely decided what I want that to look like yet but I do still have the deep desire to be creative and have a business I can call my own)

- And to enjoy each day because the older I get the faster they seem to go by!

The reason for this blog.....

To share my attempts at menu planning for our family, our ideas for keeping our house neat and organized, how we are saving money,  and having fun along the way with some crafts and diy projects!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer

Love the look of your blog and love even more the reasons for it.

It seems that more and more young women feel this way.

Warm wishes from OZ

Post a Comment